Information We Collect
A. What We Collect
Device Information. Arise receives information from your devices, including IP address, location, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register with your social media account (such as Facebook, Google or LinkedIn), your applicable social media identifier.
Biometric Data. Arise may collect, store, use, and derive biometric data from your submitted pictures, driver's license, or government-issued ID. Arise will use this data to confirm your identity from time to time. .
Service Data (including Session and Usage data). To help us understand how you use the Arise Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Arise Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Arise Platform, and the dates and times of your visits. When you use the Arise platform, we receive information generated through such use, either entered by you or others who use the platform with you (for example, schedules, attendee info, etc.), or from the Arise Platform itself (for example, duration of session, use of webcams, connection information, servicing information, etc.). We may also collect usage and log data, including diagnostic data to help us support the services.
Call, Email and Text Information. We work with third-party partners to facilitate calls, emails and text messages to you. We may receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call, email or SMS message, and whether the call was answered or the message was received or opened. We will share your information with such partners to facilitate these communications and to help us provide services on the Arise Platform.
Third Party Analytics. We use third party technologies, such as Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics, to help us to understand how you use the website and Arise Platform and ways that we can improve your experience. These technologies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content and improve the Arise platform and your experience. We also use social media buttons and plugins that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These sites may set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. Arise is continuously improving the Arise Platform through the use of various third-party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the Arise Platform and interact with Arise advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Arise Platform. You can consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept certain cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the Arise Platform.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
|Session Cookies||We use these cookies to operate our websites.||Some cookies are essential for the operation of Arise websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.|
These cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
|These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.||We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties.|
Location Information. We collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing and supporting the service and for fraud prevention and security monitoring. If you wish to opt-out of the collection and use of your collection information, you may do so by turning it off on your device settings.
Servicing Information. When you service a client program using the Arise Platform, we collect your servicing information, such as login and logout times, calls taken, accounts accessed, schedules, etc.
B. Information You Provide to Us
Your Profile Information. When you register to use the Arise Platform, you give us your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, physical address, Social Security number and certain other personal information. You may also provide a driver’s license or other government I.D.
Payment Method. When you use a credit card on the Arise Platform, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store credit card information on our servers.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Partner Support Team, we may receive the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Payment Information. To make sure companies using the Arise Platform get paid, we keep information about companies’ bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by business owners.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third Party Partners. Once you register to use the Arise Platform, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you. We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are a part of our corporate group. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Background Information. Arise works with third party partners to perform identity verification and criminal background checks on individuals registered to use the Arise Platform, and we may receive information from them such as publicly available information about your criminal history. We share certain of your information with these partners who help us by running background checks and identity verifications on you for security purposes.
D. Call and Screen Recordings While Servicing
While servicing certain client programs on the Arise platform, Arise and clients employ tools that enable them to (i) record and listen to calls you may have with client customers and (ii) view and capture a live or recorded video of your desktop screen. Call and screen recording may be random or announced but will only be available once you are logged into a client’s systems or while you are in a certification course. These tools will primarily be used to support your business and agents while servicing a client program and to assist in improving overall performance metrics and for live support.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Arise may access and use the data we collect as necessary (a) to provide and maintain the Arise Platform; (b) to provide our services to you and our other clients; (c) to verify your identity; (d) to address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues; (e) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (f) as required by law; (g) to fulfill our contracts; (h) to improve and enhance the Arise Platform; and (i) to provide analysis or valuable information back to you and our other clients.
- Some specific examples of how we use the information are as follows:
- Create and administer your account;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Arise Platform;
- Provide services to you and other clients;
- Confirm your identity;
- Send you updates and servicing information;
- Analyze how you use the Arise Platform;
- Analyze the services you provide on client programs (which may include screen recording, limited viewing or listening while servicing);
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Send emails and text messages to individuals who have started the registration process regarding the status of their registration;
- Determine your eligibility to use the Arise Platform;
- Analyze data, including through automated systems and machine learning, to understand what opportunities you might be interested in;
- Notify you about servicing opportunities and service updates;
- Personalize the Arise experience for you;
- Confirm that systems are operating effectively - for example, to prevent computer virus entering the system;
- Call you or send you emails and text messages;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with support;
- Check that applicable procedures and policies (such as the Arise Acceptable Usage Policy) are being followed;
- Conduct research and analysis and analyze data, including through automated systems and machine learning, to improve our services and your experience;
- Check for unauthorized use of the Arise Platform or client systems;
- Find and prevent fraud and other unlawful conduct;
- Respond to security, confidentiality and safety issues that may arise, and requests from government authorities; and
- For legal and regulatory purposes.
How We Share the Information We Collect With Third Parties
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Providing our services;
- Payment processing and fraud prevention;
- Providing customer support;
- Sending marketing communications;
- Conducting research and analysis; and
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure.
Clients. We will transfer information about you to clients if you are servicing one of such client’s programs via the Arise Platform.
Service Providers. We work with many third-party service providers that perform services for us, and we will share your information with such service providers to help us provide services on the Arise Platform for you and other clients. We will also share your information with third party service partners (including other users of the Arise Platform such as instructors or support resources) that are supporting you and your company as part of a client program you are servicing.
Third Party Services. The Arise Platform may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over. If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you. We can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of a client or its customers, Arise, or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- If you signed up for a promotion with another person’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
- To provide information about the use of the Arise Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
Arise may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you service and administrative emails and messages. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services or the Arise Platform, our offerings, and important service related notices, such as client updates, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about Arise that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our platform, services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you service and administrative emails about your use of the Arise Platform and servicing client programs. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from Arise by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email. To opt out of all other emails from Arise, email WithdrawConsent@arise.com. Please include your name, the name of your call center, your email address, and your User/CSP ID.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving all texts from Arise by editing your contact information in your profile in the Arise portal. Unselect the check box at the bottom left-hand side of the page that says “Check here to confirm your agreement to receive text messages from Arise” and save the change. After opting out of the text message feature, you will stop receiving text messages within 24 hours. If you are unable to login to the portal, please send an email to WithdrawConsent@arise.com withdrawing your consent to receive text messages. Please include your name, the name of your call center, your phone number and your User/CSP ID.
Editing and Accessing Your Information. You can review, update and edit certain account information by logging in to your profile. Arise will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether a third party holds or processes any of your personal information on behalf of Arise. Please contact us if you need assistance in reviewing your information. Arise will respond to your access request to review the information we have on file for you within a reasonable time.
Location of Data
EU Privacy Shield
Arise commits to adhering to the Privacy Shield Principles and applies these to all of your personal information we collect. Arise includes the following entities: Arise Holdings Inc., Arise Virtual Solutions Inc., Arise Virtual Solutions (Canada) Inc., Arise Virtual Solutions International Limited and Arise Virtual Solutions Limited.
Arise will share your information with third parties. (See above “How We Share the Information We Collect With Third Parties.”) Within the scope of our authorization to do so, and in accordance with our commitments under the Privacy Shield, Arise will work with any third-party partners to provide you access to your personal data we hold on behalf of our partners or held by our partners on behalf of Arise. Arise also will take reasonable steps to enable individuals, either directly or in connection with the third-party partners, to correct, amend, or delete personal data that is demonstrated to be inaccurate. In accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Arise is liable for any processing of personal data by such third parties that is inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles unless Arise was not responsible for the event giving rise to any alleged damage. Arise’s compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Please contact us at EU_Privacy@arise.com with any questions or concerns relating to our Privacy Shield certification. You have the option to resolve any applicable disputes you have with us in connection with our certification through the International Centre for Dispute Resolution by the American Arbitration Association (“ICDR/AAA”), an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the United States. You can contact ICDR/AAA through their website http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
Data Security. We are committed to protecting your data. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. We recommend safeguarding your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
Data Retention. Arise will retain your information for as long as your account with us is active and then (a) pursuant to our records retention schedules and practices, (b) to comply with our legal obligations, (c) to resolve disputes, (d) to enforce our agreements and (e) as long as permitted by applicable law.
Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we find out that a child under 18 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 has given us personal information, please email us at WithdrawConsent@arise.com.
Last Updated: August 27,2020